What is LHDC™ ?
LHDC™ stands for low latency and high-definition audio codec and is announced by Savitech.Comparing to the Bluetooth SBC audio format, LHDC™ allows more than 3 times the data transmitted. LHDC™ provides the most realistic and high definition wireless audio. There will be no more audio quality disparity between wireless and wired audio devices. Enjoy both the convenience and high quality that wireless audio via Bluetooth brings.
1. SBC codec transmits less volume of data
2. SBC codec provides less sound quality
1. LHDC™ codec transmits more than 3 times the volume of data compared to other technologies
2. Excellent sound quality that LHDC™ codec can provide
3. The increase of data transmitted enables users to experience more details and a better sound field, and immerse in the emotion of the music
Comparisons Between LHDC & SBC
What is LLAC™?
LLAC™ stands for low latency audio codec and is announced by Savitech. Comparing to normal Bluetooth audio format, LLAC™ allows low-latency audio best for gaming solution. LLAC™ also inherit the highdefinition wireless audio technology from LHDC™. LLAC™ minimized the latency disparity between wireless and wired audio devices. Enjoy both convenience and low-latency that wireless audio via Bluetooth brings.
What is LDAC™?
LDAC™ is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth.
With 3x the data transmitted, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
*BluetoothA2DP - BC(328kbps,44.1kHz)
LDAC is an audio coding technology developed by Sony that enables the transmission of High-Resolution (Hi-Res) Audio content, even over a Bluetooth® connection.
Unlike other Bluetooth compatible coding technologies such as SBC, it operates without any down-conversion of the Hi-Res Audio content*1, and allows approximately three times more data*2 than those other technologies to be transmitted over a Bluetooth wireless network with unprecedented sound quality, by means of efficient coding and optimized packetization.
*1: excluding DSD format contents
*2: in comparison with SBC (Subband Coding) when the bitrate of 990kbps(96/48kHz) or 909kbps (88.2/44.1kHz) is selected
Loss in sound quality during transmission regarding current Bluetooth(SBC).
1. Down convert hi-res(96kHz/24bit) to CD (44.1kHz/16bit)
2. Then, SBC codec transmits less volume of the converted data
On the other hand, LDAC, thetechnology from Sony, achieves the sound quality maintenance at the time of transmission by the following points.
1. 3x the data transmitted compared to existing wireless technology
2. Possible to maintain maximumbit depth and frequency of 96kHz/24bit
3. High compression efficiency and reproduction
Comparison between LDAC & SBC
High quality transmission of conventional music content
You may select 3 kinds of transmission rates; Quality priority mode, Normal mode and Connection priority mode.
1. 990kbps: (Qualitypriority mode)
3x the data transmitted compared to existing wireless technology
*Bluetooth A2DP - SBC (328kbps, 44.1kHz)
2. 660kbps: (Normal mode）
Initialsetting mode of Walkman
*The settings can be changed to each mode on Walkman.
3. 330kbps: (Connectionpriority mode)
Almost same as existing codec
*It achieves the higher sound quality than conventional codec, even in a bad connection environment.